Bold IP Now Has a Physical and Digital Book!
“Bold Ideas: An Inventor’s Guide to Patents” cuts through the legalese and complications of the U.S. Patent system and gives you clear, direct answers to the most common and intriguing questions in Patent Law.
The goal of this book is to equip you, as the inventor, with a core level of knowledge about the Patent system and related intellectual property so that you can make intelligent business decisions related to your startup, business, or solo venture.
You can now own and read “Bold Ideas: An Inventor’s Guide to Patents” on your Amazon Kindle E-Readers! Purchase and Download your copy for the Amazon Kindle today!
J.D. Houvener presents Continuing Legal Education (CLE) to the Washington State Bar Association on ‘Covering your Ass-ets: Protecting Your Law Firm’s Intellectual Property.
Click here to watch and listen to the Webcast-Style CLE!
Bold IP partners with TownSquared to provide local legal advice and has been able to expand its reach through the fantastic network of business owners and entrepreneurs.
On February 22, 2017, J.D. Houvener was on a TownSquared Legal Panel geared toward helping small businesses, here is the video of the event: http://townsq.co/2mPShIQ.
- What You Need to Know About Intellectual Property, Interview with Attorney JD Houvener
- Bold Ideas: The Inventor’s Guide to Patents
Resources And Research
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO): The USPTO is responsible for granting and administering U.S. patents and trademarks.
- Public Patent Application Information Retrieval (PAIR): Search for publicly available patent documents.
- Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS): Search for publicly available trademark documents.
- United States Copyright Office: The US Copyright Office is responsible for registering copyright claims.
- JP Morgan Chase and SourceLink As an entrepreneur, map your assets, and gain access to a collection of resources based upon the location of your business.
- Find Law Seattle Patent Law: Great resource for finding information on Patent Law in the Greater Seattle Area.
Other Patent & Intellectual Property Reading
- UpCounsel: An interactive patent law resource tool that connects people with helpful articles, legal documents, and even lawyers.
- Patently-O: America’s leading patent law source.
- IP Watchdog: A great patent blog with good links to other resources.
- Patently Silly: Although a little crude, this website makes light of some of the more “edgy” patents.
Bold IP Answers Questions on www.Avvo.com