Jacqueline (Jackie) Barrett-Smith is an intellectual property attorney who is passionate about encouraging and protecting creativity, and is excited to be a part of shaping intellectual property law as it continually evolves.
Jackie has worked under contract to Amazon as a Notice and Takedown Investigator, processing Trademark, Copyright, and Rights of Publicity complaints. Additionally, Jackie serves as a Public Defender in the City of Auburn.
Jackie graduated from the University of Washington with a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science. She received her Juris Doctor from Whittier Law School in Orange County, California, and is licensed to practice in both Washington State and California. Jackie was an Intellectual Property Law Fellow at Whittier Law School and received a Certification in Intellectual Property Law as well as a CALI award in Copyright.
Personally, Jackie enjoys spending time with her husband and two sons, and Is happy to be back in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. She also enjoys yoga, running, hiking, cooking, real estate, reading and the beach.
REGISTRATION & LICENSE
- Washington State Bar Association # 50791
- The State Bar of California # 313586
- American Bar Association
- Real Estate Broker in the State of Washington # 129166
- Contract Notice and Takedown Investigator
Cayve & Grove Law Offices (Contractor)
- Public Defender
- Juris Doctor (JD) earned from Whittier Law School
- Certification in Intellectual Property Law from Whittier Law School
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Political Science earned from University of Washington